On-campus accommodation process
If you decide to live in halls, you can apply for accommodation on campus as soon as you have received an offer of a place to study with us. The process from applying to moving in is straightforward.
Applications are made online.
As soon as you have received an offer of a place to study you can:
- Once your place to study has been confirmed, the University will allocate you a room.
- The University will send you an email with your offer of accommodation. Once you’ve been emailed, the details of your offer will be available to view online in your accommodation portal.
- Students holding a conditional offer to study will usually not have their place confirmed until after the University receives their exam results. This means most students applying for halls will not get their accommodation offers until after A-level results day.
- If you have an unconditional offer or have your place to study confirmed before A-level results day, you may get your accommodation offer earlier.
- Accepting your offer must be done online in your accommodation portal. There are 3 stages to accepting your offer and they must all be completed in one session:
- Click to accept the terms and conditions of your licence agreement.
- Pay a £150 deposit.
- Set up a payment plan for your accommodation costs (your licence fee). You can choose to pay monthly or termly.
- Once we have sent your offer, you will have 7 days to accept it. If you do not accept within the deadline your offer may lapse and the University may not be able to make you another offer.
- The induction must be completed before you can move into your room. It includes important information that you need to know and also allows you to book a timeslot to collect your keys on your moving in day.
- The induction must be completed online via your accommodation portal.
- Once you have fully accepted your offer of accommodation the online induction will become available in your accommodation portal.
- Once you’ve completed your online induction, your “boarding pass” will be available in your accommodation portal. You’ll need it to collect your keys so make sure you bring it with you on your moving in day.
- If you are moving in on the main arrivals weekend - 15 and 16 September, please read our arrivals leaflet for more information.
- Your boarding pass will show details of the room you are moving in to, your timeslot and where to go for your key collection.
- Moving in can be a very busy time, to make things run smoothly, we kindly ask that you stick to the timeslot that you have booked.