The University of Hertfordshire has responsibility for determining your fee status for the purpose of paying tuition fees. We are obliged to follow UK Government regulations when making fee assessments.
University tuition fees are charged depending on your fee status, which are:
- EU and Overseas
What fee will I be charged?
The same regulations are applied at all English universities (other UK universities use similar regulations) but each institution is expected to make its own assessment.
The rate you are charged depends on numerous factors such as:
- your nationality
- your immigration status in the UK/EEA
- where you have been living
- what you have been doing for the three years prior to the start of your course.
Assessments of fee status are carried out on an individual basis and take into account the circumstances of each applicant.
Can my fee status change?
It is not usually possible for your fee status to change once your course has started.
If you start a new course, then your fee status can be re-assessed. If your circumstances have changed since you started your previous course, it may be possible for your fee status to change, although this is unusual and not automatic. To request a reassessment please contact the Student Record and Enrolment Team.
Where can I find more information?
General information is available from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA). This a national advisory body that provides advice for international students, and trains the majority of Higher Education Fee Assessors. You can find key information below:
Can my fee status be reassessed?
You can complete a Fee Assessment Form if you have :
- made an application for admission to the University of Hertfordshire
- read all the information on this page
- read the relevant information on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website.
What information do I need to provide?
The fee assessment form explains what documentation is needed, examples are:
- a copy of your passport photo page
- any VISA's you hold
- proof of your address. For the academic year 2021/22 this will be from 1 September 2018 - 1 September 2021.
How do I send my fee assessment form?
The form will automatically go to the Student Records and Enrolment Team along with any documents you upload.
If you have any queries regarding your fee assessment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our Student Centre for more advice on fees and funding.
Phone: +44 (0)1707 284800