Peoplewise HKEP PhD Studentship
The University invites applications for a PhD student to join our Hertfordshire Knowledge Exchange Partnership (HKEP) scheme which is 1-year industrial placement followed by a 3-year PhD studentship funded jointly by the European Regional Development Fund, Hertfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership and Peoplewise.
Start date: February 2020
Duration: 4 years
Stipend: Starts at £15,009 per annum plus approved expenses. All students will also receive a maximum contribution towards their individual tuition fees that is equivalent to the Home/EU student fee in each year of registration.
Resilience & Well-Being in work – development and evaluation of a web based application
- Are you passionate about developing and nurturing resilience in the workplace?
- Do you enjoy designing and conducting research?
- Are you excited at the prospect of developing something with market application?
In this project you will support peoplewise, a global leader in talent management and business psychology to advance development of a new workplace resilience web application, and develop rigorous testing and analysis methods to evidence is viability and reliability across user bases. Year 1 will be based at the company in London where you will develop your understanding of the company, its services and product and the industry more widely. Years 2-4 (the PhD) will be based at the University of Hertfordshire and collaborating with the company to research, trial, test and analyse the resilience tool.
Peoplewise develop the potential of people, transforming individuals, teams and organisational cultures from the inside out to achieve sustainable and strategic business growth. They combine the diverse threads of evolutionary, clinical & occupational psychology with technological excellence to deliver pragmatic award-winning assessment and development talent solutions. They apply a laser sharp focus on performance and potential to consult and define, sift and select, identify and develop, profile and report to deliver personal growth and top quartile business performance.
- Dr Colleen Addicott - Senior Lecturer for Occupational Psychology
- Passionate about developing and nurturing resilience in the workplace
- Comfortable meeting new people in a professional setting
- A fast learner
- Excellent using statistics and SPSS for analysis
- Experience of designing and conducting research
- Excellent writing skills – academic and professional
- Excited about developing something with market application
- Strong academic background (BSc 2.1 and MSc) or relevant experience
- Post graduate qualification in business/occupational psychology (or similar)
- Experienced in conducting research projects, ideally in the field of resilience
- A track record of building strong working relationships
- Work experience in a business to business context
- Some innovative spark
The deadline for applications is the Monday 17th February 2020.
For further information and to apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr Colleen Addicott - email@example.com
Please note that applications sent directly to this address will not be accepted.
If you do not receive an invitation to interview then you have unfortunately been unsuccessful.