Hertfordshire Business School PhD studentship
Qualification type: PhD
Location: Hatfield, United Kingdom
Funding for: UK/EU and international applicants
Funding amount: The studentship is offered on a full-time basis for three years (subject to satisfactory progress). It provides a tax free bursary (currently £15,285 per annum for the academic year 2020-21), and includes a full tuition fee waiver for three years. Additional funding to support the research may also be available.
Duration: Three years
Closing application date: 15 January 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 1 February 2021. Applicants who do not receive an invitation to interview by this time may assume their application has been unsuccessful."
Start date: 1 March 2021
Applications are invited for a fully-funded PhD studentship in the Hertfordshire Business School at the University of Hertfordshire.
Applications are welcome on any research topic and specialism. We also welcome applications that focus on the following areas:
- Tourism and events, especially projects with a focus on inclusive tourism
- Acceptance and use of innovation (e.g. artificial intelligence and organisations; SMEs)
- Development of artificial intelligence based technologies for healthcare decision-making
- Crises and household income dynamics.
The successful project will contribute to one of the four research groups in the School:
- Enterprise and value
- Global work and employment
- Managing complex change
- Organisations, markets and policy
Applicants may find it helpful to look at the nature of current research in the School.
Successful candidates will be supported by a team of supervisors with experience and expertise on the selected topic of research. There may be opportunities to undertake teaching related activities in a relevant area.
Applicants should have at least an upper second-class honours degree in a relevant discipline. A masters degree in a relevant field will be advantageous.
Applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- A completed application form (PDF - 0.25 Mb)
- A 2000 words research proposal
- Two academic references
- Copies of qualification certificates and transcripts
- Certification of English language competence (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) for candidates for whom English is not their first language
- A copy of passport photo page.
Please send completed applications to the Doctoral College at email@example.com, using the following format in the email subject line: “Business School_studentship application_YOUR NAME”.
For enquiries regarding research degrees at the University of Hertfordshire, please email Ms Lynette Spelman. Ms Spelman can also answer general queries on the application process.
For enquiries concerning this studentship and the Business School please email the Doctoral Research Tutor, Dr Francesca Gagliardi.