PhD position: Mathematics/Mathematical Physics
Qualification type: PhD
Location: Hatfield, United Kingdom
Preference will be given to applications received before 15 March 2021
Expected start: October 2021
The Mathematics/Mathematical Physics Group at the University of Hertfordshire invites applications for funded PhD positions starting in October 2021.
One or more positions may be available, fully funded for 3.5 years. The successful candidate(s) will join the Mathematics/Mathematical Physics Group consisting of the following permanent staff members:
- Catarina Carvalho
- Livia Ferro
- Tomasz Lukowski
- Vidas Regelskis
- Yann Peresse
- Ole Steuernagel
- Charles Strickland-Constable
- Charles Young.
Subject areas covered by our group are:
- topological algebra
- quantum groups
- representation theory
- classical and quantum integrable models
- supergravity and generalised geometry
- scattering amplitudes in gauge theories
- related topics to the above.
Please submit the following:
- a completed application form
- a brief statement of your interests and experience (in section 11 of the application form)
- copies of higher education certificates and/or qualification transcripts
- two letters of reference (to be returned by email to Lynette Spelman at firstname.lastname@example.org) Please ask them to write separately using the form provided, by the closing date)
- a copy of your passport
- certification of English language competence (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) for candidates for whom English is not their first language.
Who to contact
Prospective candidates are encouraged to make informal inquiries directly to members of the group. You can find contact details for the group on this webpage.
For enquiries regarding research degrees and the application process, please email Lynette Spelman at email@example.com