Algorithms for finances and engineering
- Simulating complex, real-life scenarios requires highly accurate and mathematically efficient algorithms
- Algorithms are often limited by quality of the inputted data, and can be computationally expensive to run for application in the real-world.
- Developed ground-breaking algorithms that improve the accuracy of risk calculations for investment banks
- The same algorithm principles have also been applied to optimise engineering designs
- Collaborated with Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) Ltd to turn our pioneering algorithms into a commercially available resource for banking institutions and engineering firms to utilise.
- Informed investment decisions and enabled more efficient adherence to financial regulations
- Resulted in Scotiabank and Danske Bank winning Risk Awards for avoiding millions of pounds of losses during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Enhanced the design of a solar car that finished 6th out of 53 teams in the World Solar Challenge 2019, a 3,022km race through the Australian outback
- Added new design capabilities for engineers to improve the development of marine infrastructure.
- Prof Bruce Christianson
- Prof Uwe Naumann
- Dr Jan Riehme