Sports and exercise psychology
Information on people, projects and publications from our research database
Our focus within the Sport and Exercise Psychology Research Group is on the psychological factors underpinning the performance and wellbeing of a range of population groups, for example athletes, coaches, mental health staff, and mental health service users.
Additionally, there is a strong focus on practitioner development and well-being, and the use of counselling approaches for practitioners and clients alike.
Areas of research
- Professional practice development in sport psychology
- The use of counselling skills with clients and practitioners alike
- Anxiety and coping strategies in athletes and coaches
- Quantum change in high-performance individuals
Recent and current projects
Current and recent collaborations include:
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- University of Northampton
- St Marys University
- University College Dublin
Please contact Dr Stephen Pack or Dr Fran Longstaff for more information on Sports and Exercise Psychology.