Dementia care research
Dementia affects one in 14 people over the age of 65 and one in 6 over the age of 80.
CRIPACC is leading on programmes of research on strategies that help to support community engagement and public understanding of dementia and improve the experience of living with dementia from diagnosis to end of life care for individuals and their family carers’.
A particular focus of the work is how to integrate the work of health, social care and voluntary organisations to achieve the best possible care.
This includes studies on:
- interventions that promote dementia friendly health care and dementia aware communities.
- addressing the challenges of having dementia and other comorbid health conditions.
- supporting people living with dementia and their family carers.
- supporting care homes as partners in health and end of life care.
- understanding how to achieve shared decision making between people living with dementia and their family carers and health and social care professionals.