Writing Visual Culture
Writing Visual Culture (WVC) is an international peer-reviewed journal for research in visual culture published by the School of Creative Arts at the University of Hertfordshire. WVC appeared under the name Working Papers on Design for its first four volumes.
WVC is the journal of the TVAD Research Group at the University of Hertfordshire, working on relationships between text, narrative and image. WVC publishes original double-blind peer-reviewed open access scholarship on all aspects of visual culture, spanning art, design and media. Individual volumes are guest edited as indicated.
The WVC Series Editor is Prof Grace Lees-Maffei, firstname.lastname@example.org, TVAD Research Group Leader and Professor in Design History.
The journal aims to stimulate discussion into all aspects of visual and material culture and to disseminate the research of its authors freely and widely.
It seeks to provide resources that facilitate the highest level of debate amongst:
The journal applies a system of double-blind peer review to both abstract and full paper selection prior to publication.
- Volume 8 - New Approaches to Design History
- Volume 7 - Digital Comics
- Volume 6 - Between Texts and Cities
- Volume 5 - Ways of Knowing: Art and Science's Shared Imagination
- Volume 4 - Writing Design: Words, Myths and Practices
- Volume 3 - Experiential Knowledge: New Knowledge in the Creative Disciplines
- Volume 2 - Show/Tell: Relationships between Text, Narrative and Image
- Volume 1 - The Future of Modelmaking