Support from the SU
Hertfordshire Students’ Union Advice and Support Centre
Hertfordshire Students’ Union Advice and Support Centre is independent of the University of Hertfordshire and offers free and confidential advice and support to students.
Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Academic matters: we can provide guidance about the University procedures relating to academic appeals, student complaints and academic misconduct. We can also provide support and advice for students who are experiencing difficulties with their studies and want to explore their options.
- Housing matters: we can support students if they are having issues with their landlord or letting agent, if they are having disputes with other tenants or just want some advice about house-hunting.
- Financial matters: we can advise students about how to budget and manage their money.
- Sexual health: we host weekly sexual health clinics (during term time, with limited availability during vacation periods), free condoms and chlamydia self-testing kits are available from the Advice and Support Centre all year round.
- Legal matters: we host a weekly free Legal Advice Clinic during term-time.
- Discipline matters: we can support students as they undergo non-academic misconduct investigations, attending meetings and hearings with them in a supportive capacity.
- Personal matters: we can provide a listening ear if students are feeling lonely, homesick or finding university-life tough.
- Hate crime: We are a registered third-party hate crime reporting centre, therefore students can come to us to report a hate crime or incident. These reports can be made anonymously if preferred.
For whatever student life throws at you, we are here to help.
Where are we?
Hertfordshire Students’ Union Advice and Support Centre, Hutton Hub, College Lane.
How to access advice:
Visit us: we are open Monday to Friday, 10:00-16:00, all year round (except on bank holidays and University closed days).
Appointments can also be booked at De Havilland Students’ Union Office.
E-mail us: email@example.com
Call us: +44 (0) 1707 285022
For more information about how we can help, visit our website.