Counselling support for students
We are here to help
The counselling service is free and confidential.
- Come to see us at Student Wellbeing, Hutton Hub on the College Lane campus
- Give us a call on +44 (0)1707 284453
- Email us at email@example.com
Find a new perspective
Emotional and psychological issues can get in the way of enjoying your university experience. The counselling service is here for you. Our qualified and experienced counsellors understand the pressures of university life and offer a non-judgemental ear.
Get in touch.
What can I talk about?
In a nutshell: anything. Here's some of the stuff we hear about regularly:
- Alcohol related issues
- Anxiety or depression
- Difficulties with relationships
- Eating problems
- Self-harm or suicidal thoughts
- Sexuality, sexual orientation and gender identity
- Study related issues such as poor concentration, fear of failure
We are open to everyone, regardless of ethnic background, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability status and there are a number of ways we can help. For example:
- Books2Go - a lending library
- Counselling - individual and group sessions
- Information about specialist services
- Referral to other services
- Self-help resources - in Student Wellbeing Reception and on StudyNet
- Telephone and Skype counselling for students on placement
- Workshops (e.g. exam preparation success, procrastination, managing mood)
- WhatsUpp - an on-line peer support group
We abide by the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy's 'Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions'.