Canadian Tax Credits

Students who file a Canadian tax return may claim reduced tax on their education expenses.

How can I claim?

If you wish to make a claim you will need to have the TL11A form (Tuition, Education and Textbook amounts Certificate - University outside of Canada) completed by the Fees and Funding team.

Download the form from the CanLearn website.

Forms are completed in accordance with regulations to reflect the calendar year (1st January until 31st December). Therefore for a standard academic year you will need two forms, and the tuition fees paid will be proportioned accordingly.

Please note: the form will only be signed once the year has ended or you have completed your studies, whichever is earlier.

Send forms for completion to: Fees and Funding, Student Centre, Hutton Hub, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9SR, United Kingdom. Or you can email

More information