Scholarships for international students
We have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in scholarships for high achieving and enterprising students from around the world. For September applicants, we have a wide range of scholarships available.
We look for enterprising and aspirational students who want to excel in an international university. If this sounds like you, then we offer several non-repayable scholarships to international students.
Look below at the scholarship opportunities for our October intake.
October 2020 Scholarships
In light of the Coronavirus Global Pandemic, we have developed some additional scholarships for International Students. Please be aware that you do not need to apply for the Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship as we automatically assess these as part of the application process.
However, if you wish to apply for one of our additional scholarships for the October intake, please complete this form. Your application will considered alongside our usual scholarships and if you have been successful, our team will contact you. Please only apply for a scholarship if you have applied and been made an offer holder for the October 2020 intake.
The closing date for these Dean's Scholarships is Friday 31 July at 16:00 BST. Applicants will be notified by email on W/C 17 August 2020 whether they have been successful in being awarded a Dean's Scholarship. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
You do not need to email us to apply or be considered.
Africa and the Middle East
East Asia and South East Asia
Europe and the Americas
Terms and conditions
- If you are eligible, your University application will be assessed by our scholarship team.
- You are classed as an international student if you are from a country outside of the European Union and are assessed as an international fee payer.
- All full-time undergraduate and postgraduate international students may be eligible for the Chancellor’s Scholarship. It is not available for part-time study or research students.
- Most University scholarships including the Chancellor’s Scholarships will be assessed based on the strength of your full application and personal statement.
- We assess eligibility and funding amounts on a case by case basis which is dependent on course, application and country of application.
- Students will be notified by email to let them know if they have been successful in receiving a Chancellor’s Scholarship award or any other scholarship award
- Students are only eligible to receive one scholarship award. For example, students qualifying for the UH Graduate Scholarship are not eligible for the Chancellor's Scholarship.
- The Chancellor’s Scholarship is only valid for the intake (year and course) you have applied for and it is issued for - if you defer your place your scholarship will not be deferred.
- If you receive the Chancellor’s Scholarship and subsequently withdraw from your course you forfeit your right to the scholarship.
Please note the award amount will be deducted from your tuition fees.
Please visit our postgraduate scholarship page for further terms and conditions and for more information.