Scholarships for international students
We have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in scholarships for high achieving and enterprising students from around the world. We look for enterprising and aspirational students who want to excel in an international university.
Please be aware that you do not need to apply for the Chancellor's International Scholarship as we automatically assess your course application form alongside your supporting documents. If you are successful we will email you to confirm the amount you have been awarded.
You do not need to email us to apply or be considered.
September 2021 scholarship opportunities
Africa and the Middle East
East Asia and South East Asia
Europe and the Americas
Terms and conditions
- Not available for all courses. Courses within the Schools of Life and Medical Sciences and Health and Social Work are not eligible for the Chancellor's International Scholarships.
- Only available for the September 2021 intake – applicants who fail to register cannot transfer the scholarship to subsequent intakes
- Only available on entry for the first time to the University – not in subsequent years
- Only available for UG or PG taught applicants - not for preparatory programmes or research
- Only available to applicants joining the University for the first time – not UH graduates or HIC graduates
- Applicants cannot qualify for certain other discounts alongside the Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Applicants can qualify for the £500 full payment discount if they pay their fees in full by 4 October 2021 for Semester A entry alongside the Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Applicants can’t qualify for the 20% UH Graduate discount alongside the Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Applicants need to have applied to the University and have been offered a place in order to be eligible for the scholarship
- The scholarship will be administered as a deduction from tuition fees once applicants register at the University - not from their deposit amount. If they have paid their tuition fees in full it can be used for University accommodation (but not for the £150 deposit as this is a refundable deposit).
- The following courses are not eligible for scholarships:
- Pre-Sessional courses (it is available for the follow-on course however)
- Online courses
- All courses within the Schools of Life and Medical Sciences and Health and Social Work
- Courses that attract a non-standard fee (can be awarded at University’s discretion)
- For students that withdraw (both student & university initiated); all discounts will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis in line with the fee related liability and all bursaries or scholarships will be subject to the terms and conditions of the award.
Please note the award amount will be deducted from your tuition fees.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.