Before you apply
Before you apply, you need to think about whether Higher Education is right for you and then find a course to study at the University of Hertfordshire. We have programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate level across our ten schools of academic study.
To speed up the application process, please supply your completed application form plus the supporting documentation outlined below. Applying without all the required documents will delay your application and any potential offers. Once you have submitted your application, any additional files/evidence should be uploaded via our Document Upload Area.
- English Language Qualifications
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates (Front & Back)
- For applicants for undergraduate programmes, you must provide one signed academic reference on headed paper.
- For applicants for postgraduate programmes, you must provide two signed academic references on headed paper.
- Personal Statement. When considering what to include, think about the following.
- Your reason for applying for the course
- Your reason for applying to the University of Hertfordshire
- Your reasons for applying to a UK university
- Your career aspirations and how the course fits in with this
- Copy of your passport photo page
- Immigration History Evidence (inc. any visa refusals, previous Student visa held etc)
- ATAS Certificate (certain courses only)
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check (certain courses only)
Some of our courses have additional requirements. If you have selected a course with a specific requirement, the upload area will show on the application form. Below are some of the programmes with specific requirements, please check these before applying, prepare the documentation and upload with the application.