On arrival

Pay your fees

Once you arrive in the UK the University of Hertfordshire will provide a number of services to help you get settled and find your bearings.

This section gives information on:

  • Where to go when you get here
  • Living in the UK
  • How to spend your leisure time

Where to go when you get here

Picking up your room key

If you are staying in University accommodation the first thing you need to do is collect your room key.

Notification / arrivalWhere to go
If you have received notification of your roomGo straight to the relevant campus accommodation office and pick up your key
If you haven't received notification of your roomGo to the student centre on the College Lane campus
If you arrive outside of office hoursGo to the security gate of the College Lane Accommodation office

Private rented accommodation

Make sure that you have contacted your landlord before you arrive to let them know to expect you and to arrange when and where to collect your keys.


During your first few weeks at the University you will be required to formally register on your course. The registration sessions can be busy and so please do expect to queue.

During the registration process we will check a number of documents including your UK visa and academic qualifications, so please remember to bring your passport and hard copies of your academic certificates and transcripts with you.

Complying with visa conditions

Make sure you comply with your visa conditions to ensure that you maintain your right to stay in the UK. There are a number of rules and procedures you must follow in order to meet your visa conditions while you are in the UK.

How we support you

Take advantage of our support facilities for international students. The University provides a wide range of student support from help with your English to on-campus childcare provision.

We have a dedicated International Student Support team on hand to advise you on a variety of subjects from work permits to financial and personal matters as well as access to support and counselling services.