Ready to travel?
Great news! You're now ready to travel to the University of Hertfordshire! Here's some things you need to do to make the journey easier.
1. Booking your flights
We understand that the global pandemic has meant that there has been disruption for students across the world. Therefore, we are working in partnership with Diversity Travel*, the University's travel provider to support students in booking their flight tickets.
For the first time ever, we're allowing our students to access 'academic' fares on certain routes which are usually more flexible, have increased luggage capacity and are usually available at a more competitive price. To book your travel through Diversity Travel, you need to follow these steps. Please note, there is no online service for these fares
- Phone the Diversity Travel Booking Team on +44 (0)161 235 5400 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please have your travel details ready, including:
- The airport you wish to travel from
- The date you wish to travel
- The name of the traveller (as per the passport)
- Your University eight digit ID number
- Your email address that you made your University application with
- The team will then identify a flight that is right for you and verify your student account with us so you can access these special fares.
- Make payment via Debit/Credit Card with the team and secure you seat on the plane.
*Other flight ticketing providers are available and you are encouraged to research the best option for your travels.
2. Complete the pre-departure form
Once you have confirmed your flight details, please complete our Pre-Departure form so we know when and where you will be arriving. You must also ensure you tell your accommodation provider the date you will be arriving so they can ensure your room and key are ready.
3. Book your airport collection
Please allow at least 120 minutes (2 hours) to get through the airport, therefore if your flight is due to land at 06:00, then book a coach around 08:00.
You will be on a coach with others who need to complete a 14 day quarantine period so please do not book if you are unhappy with this. Please ensure you are able to carry your own luggage because due to social distancing guidelines, our staff will not be able to assist with this process.
Spaces are limited so you should confirm your seat on the coach as soon as possible. Please only book one slot for your coach travel. If you book more than one slot, you booking will be automatically cancelled for both bookings. If you need to change the booking, you must email us at email@example.com.
Coach collection is available on the following dates:
- Saturday 10 October 2020
- Sunday 11 October 2020
- Saturday 17 October 2020
- Sunday 18 October 2020
If you are not arriving on this date or wish to make your own travel arrangements, please follow the guidance on public transport and taxis found within the pre-arrival guide. Options include buses, trains or private hire taxis. Please remember that face coverings must be worn at all times on any public transport or in taxis.
4. Complete the Public Health Passenger Locator Form
As we've previously stated, prior to your arrival you will need to look at the UK Government regulations on Entering the UK It will instruct that you complete a Public Health Passenger Locator Form which informs the UK Track and Trace system to help the fight against COVID19.
This form is different from the University's pre-departure form. Both should be completed prior to departing.
Want to read more?
Please return to the Pre Arrival Guide landing page.