Police Registration

Pay your fees

If you are required to register with the police as part of your Tier 4 visa conditions, then you must do this within 7 days of arriving in the UK - it is an offence not to do this.

The requirement to register with the police will be stated on one of your immigration documents. Please check all of these documents for the police registration requirement:

  • Your 30 day temporary vignette in your passport; OR
  • Your Home Office visa decision letter; OR
  • The back of your Biometric Residence permit (BRP).

Your dependants may also be required to register with the police, so make sure they check their documents too.

You must remember to keep your Police Registration Certificate up-to-date, and report any changes in your student status to the police within 7 days.

This includes changes to your:

  • UK address (even if you just move to another address within UH Halls of Residence).
  • Visa or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) - including where you receive a new BRP.
  • Name or gender
  • Marital status
  • Nationality
  • Passport (including when you obtain a new or updated passport)
  • Place of study

If you need more information about police registration, see Ask Herts.  You can also see an International Student Advisor at the University.

We may ask to see your police registration certificate at re-enrolment and Visa Checks, so remember to keep the certificate updated.

Live chat