What is academic style?
Writing properly at university
Speaking good English, writing accurate English and writing appropriate academic English are all different. Adopting a suitable style when writing at university will help you gain better marks.
In this 2 hour workshop we focus on:
- What is academic writing style?
- What is the difference between formal and informal style?
- How do you write in an impersonal, objective way?
- What is caution and how can you express it?
- What vocabulary, verbs and structures should you avoid in academic writing style?
Booking a place on this workshop
PLEASE NOTE: The sessions for this workshop have now finished for the academic year 2017-18.
Help and support will be available in Semester C at the CAE drop-ins in the LRC on de Havilland campus at these times:
- June 2018 Monday 10:00-17:00, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:00-14:00.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about any aspect of the AESSD programme.