What does reading critically mean?
Meeting an academic expectation
When you read for academic study you will find that there are different opinions on one subject. Which opinion are you meant to rely on and incorporate in your writing? This workshop will provide you with strategies you can use to question what you read.
In this 2-hour workshop we focus on:
- How do you read effectively, purposefully, interactively and critically?
- What questions can you ask before, while and after you read?
- What role does the use of the author's language play in your understanding of the text?
- How can the tips in this workshop also help you improve your writing?
Booking a place on this workshop
PLEASE NOTE: The campus sessions for this workshop have now finished for the academic year 2017-18.
Help and support will be available until 25 June 2018 at the CAE drop-ins in the LRC on de Havilland campus at these times:
- Monday 10.00-17.00
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10.00-14.00
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about any aspect of the AESSD programme.