How do I write a literature review?
Many students struggle with the task of writing a literature review because of the amount of reading they need to cover and uncertainty about what lecturers are looking for.
In this two hour workshop we will discuss practical ways to manage the reading load effectively and provide guidance for you on how to write a well organised and concise literature review.
The workshop will focus on the following issues:
- What is a literature review?
- What is the purpose of a literature review?
- How do I start?
- What do I include?
- Making a literature search.
- Making use of specialist resources.
- Organising your material.
- Writing it up.
Booking a place on this workshop
PLEASE NOTE: The campus sessions for this workshop have now finished for the academic year 2017-18; there will be a final on-line session on Tuesday 17th April which can be booked using your Eventbrite account.
Help and support will be available in Semester C at the CAE drop-ins in the LRCs at these times:
- 23-27 April Monday-Friday 10:00-14:00– both campuses
- 30 April–25 June Monday and Wednesday 10.00-14.00 LRC De Havilland campus only, Tuesday and Thursday 10.00-14.00 LRC College Lane only.
Please email email@example.com if you have further questions about any aspect of the AESSD programme.