What is academic style?
Writing properly at university
Speaking good English, writing accurate English and writing appropriate academic English are all different. Adopting a suitable style when writing at university will help you gain better marks.
In this series of workshop recordings we focus on:
- What is academic writing style?
- What is the difference between formal and informal style?
- How do you write in an impersonal, objective way?
- What is caution and how can you express it?
- What vocabulary, verbs and structures should you avoid in academic writing style?
Please go to Academic English and Study Skills Development for further information on our workshops and drop-in sessions and for further details of all the support the CAE team provides. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.