What is academic style?
Writing properly at university
Speaking good English, writing accurate English and writing appropriate academic English are all different. Adopting a suitable style when writing at university will help you gain better marks.
In this 2 hour workshop we focus on:
- What is academic writing style?
- What is the difference between formal and informal style?
- How do you write in an impersonal, objective way?
- What is caution and how can you express it?
- What vocabulary, verbs and structures should you avoid in academic writing style?
Booking a place on this workshop
Please go to Academic English Study Skills Development to book Workshops, and for further details of all the support the CAE team provides. You can also email email@example.com if you have any queries.