Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students

A group of international studentsAs an international student you may be eligible for a Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship for 2017/18. The scholarship will be awarded for either £1000 or £2000 towards course fees for the first year of study.

Do I need to apply?

No. To make the process as easy as possible, there is no need to fill out an application form. Instead, you are advised to provide a strong personal statement within your course application which highlights your:

  • interest in your chosen course.
  • motivation for your studies.
  • future career aspirations.

If you're eligible your University application will be assessed by our scholarship team.

International students should apply for their chosen course through the normal application process.

Successful candidates will be notified after they have been offered a place at the University of Hertfordshire.

Terms and conditions

  • If you're eligible your University application will be assessed by our scholarship team.
  • You are classed as an international student if you are from a country outside of the European Union and are assessed as an international fee payer.
  • All full-time undergraduate and postgraduate international students may be eligible for the Chancellor’s Scholarship. It is not available for part-time study or research students.
  • Chancellor’s Scholarships will be assessed based on the strength of your full application and personal statement.
  • We assess eligibility and funding amounts on a case by case basis which is dependent on course, application and country of application.
  • Students will be notified by email to let them know if they have been successful in receiving a Chancellor’s Scholarship award.
  • Students are only eligible to receive one scholarship award. For example, students qualifying for the UH Graduate Scholarship are not eligible for the Chancellor's Scholarship.
  • The Chancellor’s Scholarship is only valid for the intake (year and course) you have applied for and it is issued for - if you defer your place your scholarship will not be deferred.
  • If you receive the Chancellor’s Scholarship and subsequently withdraw from your course you forfeit your right to the scholarship.

Please note the award amount will be deducted from your tuition fees.

More information

You can check with the Ministry of Education in your home country to see what funding may be available from your own government. More information can be found on the British Council website and the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.

You can also find more information about funding available to students from your country by visiting our relevant country information page or contacting your nearest regional office.