Garden House Hospice in Letchworth WW1 Centenary Cycle Challenge
Raising money for Garden City Hospice
An event to commemorate the Centenary of the end of the Great War
This promises to be a unique 4 day cycling experience, riding through historic battlefields, commemorating the Centenary of the end of the Great War, whilst raising valuable funds for Garden House Hospice Care.
The tour will will visit sites synonymous to the ‘War to end all wars’ such as Thiepval Memorial to the missing, Lochnagar Crater and Vimy Ridge.
WW1 Centenary Cycle Challenge Details: Meeting at Garden House Hospice and travelling to London.
- The tour will start in London at St Christopher’s Hospice, the first Hospice in England.
- Cycle to France along the Pilgrims Way.
- Head to Ypres and witness the Last Post at the Menin Gate.
- Cycle through the battlefields of Ypres, Loos, Vimy Ridge and the Somme.
- Finish the ride in the Forest of Compiegne, the site of the Armistice.
- On route honour the Fallen of the Great War.
- Make memories to last a life time.
- Return transport.
- Accommodation throughout the event.
- Cycle support including group leaders.
- All your food and drink throughout the cycle ride.
- Unique WW1 Centenary Cycle Challenge cycle jersey.
- Commemorative certificate.
The team at Garden House Hospice Care have organised an amazing once in a lifetime trip. For further details and an information pack ‘WW1 Centenary Cycle’
Garden House Hospice
Letchworth Garden City
- 14 September 2018
- Full details can be found on the website
- Garden House Hospice
- Richard Harbon