The flare Ignite competition is split into three rounds. Feedback and advice will be given at each stage:
- Round 1 – Submit a video summary of your idea
- Round 2 – Write a business canvas for your idea
- Round 3 – Present a short elevator pitch to a panel of judges, followed by a question and answer session
- Promote your business or business idea during WorkFest Week and give pitch to our live audience
Flare Ignite winners:
- Overall winners of flare Ignite will be entered into the flare awards evening for a chance to win further prises and promotion.
All entrants will be required to:
- submit a video clip of your business idea
- provide your name and student number
Results will be announced by email. Successful entrants will need to confirm that they want to continue to Round 2.
Entrants progressing to Round 2 will be required to:
- write a business canvas
- submit your canvas by email to the enterprise team
You will receive a business canvas template from the enterprise team. All applicants must adhere to the requested word count!
Results will be announced by email. Successful entrants will need to confirm that they want to continue to Round 3.
Entrants progressing to Round 3 will be required to:
- present a short elevator pitch and be prepared to answer questions from the judging panel
The quality of your elevator pitch, answers to the panel's questions and the way you present yourself as an aspiring entrepreneurwill be taken into consideration when the overall prize winners are decided.
Finalists will also be required to:
- Attend a day of promotion and pitching during WorkFest Week in October 2020. You will be required to repeat your pitch to a live audience, as part of the awards ceremony.
Results will be announced during the event.
Flare Ignite Winners
The winners of the flare Ignite categories will:
- Be filmed for a short video for the awards evening
- Attend an awards evening in November 2020 where the winners of flare will be announced.