Business Appropriate Communication
It is important to consider how you present yourself in the workplace – both to your colleagues and external customers.
Examples could include:
- Being aware of different communication styles when emailing or phoning colleagues
- Being courteous to colleagues e.g. calling ahead if you are late
- Writing professional, unbiased emails, letters and reports
Keep learning. Find out about training and development. Ask questions!
Business Appropriate Communication with Nayiri Keshishiskills
67%* of employers need graduates who can communicate appropriately within the business. Understanding how to do this, in a professional and effective way, is crucial to enhancing employment prospects and performance.
Nayiri is a Learning & Development Professional and Career Coach, with over 6 years’ experience of delivering employability activities to students from all backgrounds. She loves designing and delivering a variety of training and e-learning to enhance the career prospects of students.
Develop business communication skills
View the below skills packages in the Business Skills section in CareerHub resources to help you develop your communication skills:
- Introduction and the basics
- Preparing your subject
- Preparing the presentation
- Improving delivery skills
- Constructing charts and graphs
- Giving the presentation