Help to Grow: Management
Are you an SME business leader looking to boost your business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth?
Help to Grow: Management is a 90% government funded course delivered in collaboration with industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs, to help SME business leaders grow their business fast.
The course has been designed with the latest business thinking, tools, and resources, and is brought to life with emerging best practice, personal stories and case studies, peer networking, and one-to-one mentoring to boost your performance, resilience, and growth.
Delivered as a fast-track learning experience over 12 weeks, you can take part around existing work commitments and learn lessons that will have an immediate impact. It’s a challenging and rewarding course that will help you fulfil your goals and future-proof your business.
About the course
Help to Grow: Management offers a blend of online and face-to-face learning at the University of Hertfordshire and is designed to be taken around your existing work commitments. You will receive:
- 12 weeks of in-depth training, developed by industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- One-to-one support from a business mentor to help apply your learnings
- Support to develop a bespoke growth plan to help your business reach its potential
- Access a peer network to share practical challenges, ideas, and experiences
The course covers strategies for growth and innovation, leading high-performance teams and digital adoption, as well as financial management and responsible business practices.
Our next cohort commences on 23 January 2024.
- Develop your leadership skills across all areas of business including strategic planning, employee engagement, finance, and marketing
- Develop strategies for market segmentation, positioning, and targeting to streamline your marketing approach
- Identify new technologies and digital approaches to enhance innovation and productivity in your business model
- Learn how to engage your employees on your business journey and plan the future structure of your organisation
- Take away a tailor-made Growth Action plan and the confidence in how to grow your business.
- Improve operational efficiency to save time and money
- Gain exclusive access to the Help to Grow Alumni programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, networking, and business support.
Funding and Fees
The Help to Grow: Management course is 90% funded by the Government. The fee payable by participants is £750.
The course is for business owners, leaders, and senior managers from all business sectors. To join the course, your business must:
- Be a small or medium-sized business based in the United Kingdom
- Employ between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
The application must:
- Be a senior decision maker, such as a Chief Executive, Finance Director or Operations Director
- Have at least one direct report
If your business employs between 10 and 249 people, you can send up to two people on the course. If your business employs between 5 and 9 employees, you can send only one person.