To celebrate National Apprenticeship Week and this year’s theme ‘Build the Future’, we hosted a virtual panel discussion for employers on Wednesday 10 February 2021. The event was opened by Minister Keegan, Minister for Skills and Apprenticeships, who gave a fascinating opening statement. Our prestigious panel included:
- Professor Quintin McKellar CBE – Vice-Chancellor, University of Hertfordshire
- Adrian Hawkins OBE – Chair, Hertfordshire LEP Skills and Employment Board
- Bim Afolami MP – Conservative MP for Hitchin and Harpenden
- Sally Hopper – Assistant Director of HR, Hertfordshire County Council
- Rani Naidoo – Service Manager for the Children Looked After Service, Hertfordshire County Council
- Kate Barclay – Interim Head of Skills Programme, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
Watch the recording to hear our panel discuss two key topics:
- How we achieve an apprenticeship infrastructure that works for all employers, of all sizes, both nationally and within Hertfordshire
- How academic and training expertise can be utilised within the county to deliver high-quality apprenticeships that meet your business needs.
You’ll also see employers, like you, question our panel about the critical issues their businesses are facing.