Therapy accelerator competition
The Therapy Accelerator is a competition to undertake research with a typical value of £72,000 for high growth potential companies to develop a new therapy, diagnostic or medical device. Projects run for 6 months and are based at the University of Hertfordshire and/or company premises. Our new initiative for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) provides an opportunity to:
- Boost your research and development capacity
- Accelerate the development of a new therapy, diagnostic or medical device
- Help undertake the fundamental research needed to launch new products and services
Compete for a 6-month fully funded project to undertake research and development into a new therapy, diagnostic or medical device. The funding includes the salary for a full-time research assistant with relevant skills and experience, access to the University’s world-class scientific facilities and dedicated supervision from a Hertfordshire expert to deliver your chosen project.
WHO CAN WE WORK WITH?
- Your project has the ultimate aim of developing a new therapy, diagnostic or medical device
- You qualify as an SME and have a registered business address in England
- Your project is scoped to be completed within 6 months (longer projects will be considered with match funding from the company)
Applications will be looked upon favourably if:
- The company is a start-up organisation, and less than 12 months old;
- Your application demonstrates a clear intention to bring a product to firm and/or to market;
- You demonstrate a commitment to onboarding new employees as a result of securing this intervention;
What research can we support?
- Your project qualifies as Research and Development Project under the European Commission Research and Development and Innovation Framework
- Projects must include research to acquire new, underlying knowledge that would support the development of a new product or service
WHY WORK WITH HERTS?
1. Submit an Expression of Interest using the form on this webpage by the end of March.
2. Our Innovation team will assess your eligibility and arrange to discuss your project. We will introduce you to suitable academics (if required).
3. Complete the full application form.
4. Application forms will be judged by our panel and successful applicants will be informed.
5. Post-project we will need to sign a collaboration agreement and hire a suitable research assistant to complete the project which the company will be fully included in.