Growing your business beyond the pandemic 09.30 - 11.00
SME Support Day
If you’re an SME in the Hertfordshire region or beyond, join us for SME Support Day on Wednesday 28th April 2021. Through a series of free events, discover the many ways in which the University can help your business achieve its full potential. You'll get the chance to:
- Listen to, and question, key stakeholders and SMEs in Herts on growing your business beyond the pandemic, at our panel discussion.
- Access funding to create internships that help you achieve your business objectives (funding needs to be applied prior to 28th April).
- Promote these funded internships to our talented graduates at a virtual fair.
- Explore the solutions and strategies we can offer SMEs to help their business grow.
EVENTS ON 28TH APRIL
To kick start SME Support Day, we’re hosting a virtual panel discussion - ‘Growing your business beyond the pandemic’. It’s an excellent opportunity for SMEs to discover different ways they can innovate and grow as restrictions ease, and to question our panel of key stakeholders and SMEs in Hertfordshire about the critical issues they are facing.
The key topic will be:
How SMEs can navigate through the challenges they face as a result of Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic, and ultimately grow as restrictions ease.
Our panel includes:
- Dr Syd Nadim Hon. Litt.D. – Business Owner, Inventor and Chair of the Hertfordshire Business School Business Advisory Power Group
- Sian Ryan – Head of Service at Hertfordshire Growth Hub
- Briege Leahy – Chief Executive, Herts Chamber of Commerce
- Paul Witcombe – Head of Enterprise & Innovation at Hertfordshire LEP
- Bim Afolami MP – Conservative MP for Hitchin and Harpenden
- Malcolm MacKenzie – Business Owner, Hello Flexibles
- Caroline Syson – Business Owner, Pocket PA
- Simon Poulter - Relationship Manager, Santander Universities
To sign up for this free session, register through the form below. If you are unable to attend, you don’t have to miss out. Simply register and we’ll send you a recording after the session has taken place.
Funded Internships Virtual Fair 11.00 - 15.00
We’re pleased to announce that our Graduate Employment Funding scheme in association with Santander is back for the ninth consecutive year. if you’re an employer with less than 250 people and turnover of less than £50 million, you can benefit from hiring one of our talented graduates by applying for one of our funding options:
- Option 1: 8-week graduate internship with match funding
Hire a graduate for an 8-week internship. They’ll work 35 hours (per week) and earn £315 (per week). The graduate will receive a total salary of £2520, and the University of Hertfordshire will fund half of this, whilst your organisation funds the other half. Graduates can start anytime after Friday 21st May 2021.
- Option 2: 2-week project role fully funded by Santander
Hire a graduate to carry out a project for your organisation over 2-week period full time (35 hours per week). They’ll receive £1000 which will be fully funded by Santander. Graduates can start anytime after Friday 21st May 2021.
- Option 3: 4-week project role fully funded by Santander
Hire a graduate to carry out a project for your organisation over a 4-week period part time (17.5 hours per week). They’ll receive £1000 which will be fully funded by Santander. Graduates can start anytime after Friday 21st May 2021.
You can hire up to two graduates using the funding, however they must have graduated from the University of Hertfordshire in 2020 or 2021.
If you’re successful and receive funding, we welcome you to promote your vacancy for free at our Funded Internships Virtual Fair on Wednesday 28th April between 11:00 – 15:00. You’ll have to opportunity to meet with our talented students in a 1-2-1 or group capacity, helping you find the perfect candidate for the role.
Funding is available on a first come first served basis, so make sure you register your interest today and a member of our team will be in touch.
University Business Support Showcase 15.00 - 16.00
At Herts, we’re dedicated to helping SMEs innovate, grow and achieve their full potential. This, coupled with our status as a University Enterprise Zone, reinforces an entrepreneurial spirit that runs through everything we do.
Our blend of excellent education, enterprise, and research allows us to develop solutions and strategies for SMEs, which we’re excited to share with you at the University Business Support Showcase.
Attend our free showcase to discover:
- How we can help you grow your business by:
- Innovating with research and development
- Utilising our business support expertise
- How we can support you to strengthen your team by:
- Assisting with apprenticeships
- Upskilling your workforce with our CPD courses
- Growing your team by recruiting our students
- How you can hire our facilities and:
- Utilise our state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Hold a meeting, training course, or event in our modern and equipped spaces
We’ll finish with a Q&A where you can ask us your questions.
If you’re an SME in Hertfordshire or beyond, this is an excellent opportunity to find out how we can support you. To sign up for this free session, register through the form below. If you are unable to attend, you don’t have to miss out. Simply register and we’ll send you a recording after the session has taken place.