Hertfordshire knowledge exchange partnerships
A Hertfordshire Knowledge Exchange Partnership (HKEP) is designed to enable your company to establish new capabilities, proof-of-concept for new products and/or services, or expand your business’ capacity and market.
Each HKEP collaboration will last for four years; recruiting a PhD researcher to be placed within your company as well as receiving consultancy from a University of Hertfordshire academic as part of the package.
In year one of the HKEP the PhD researcher will undertake a commercially focussed project within your company. Upon completion of a 3 year PhD research project will be undertaken in an area of interest to your company.
A commissioned HKEP comes with a significant subsidy to SME's that reduces the costs by two thirds (each project costs approximately £40,000 making a saving to your company of £80,000), the remaining balance of the project will be funded through the Hertfordshire Science Partnership.
HOW WILL MY BUSINESS BENEFIT?
- PhD level, applied research projects leading to the introduction of new products or services to market
- Consultancy from a University of Hertfordshire Academic throughout
- New graduate talent working within your business during year one
- Access to new research ahead of market
- Research support on directly applicable business activity
- Access to the specialist research facilities of the University for the duration of the HKEP project