Fast-Track Research Projects
Our new initiative for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) provides an opportunity to:
- Boost your research and development capacity
- Stimulate new research activity in your business
- Help undertake the fundamental research needed to launch new products and services.
Sponsor a postgraduate student for a year-long project developing an idea, product and/or piece of research to fulfil your unique business challenges and needs. The student will have full access to the University's world-class scientific facilities and the dedicated supervision of a Hertfordshire expert to deliver your chosen project.
Who can we work with?
- Your project is within the pharmaceutical, clinical and life sciences or agri-tech and emerging technologies in food, farming and the environment
- You qualify as an SME and have a registered business address in England
- Your project is scoped to be completed within 12 months
Our funding allows us to work with small-to-medium-sized enterprises, and especially companies with the potential to grow. We are particularly interested in supporting Hertfordshire-based companies, but are keen to hear from any SMEs that can support a project that could be at least partly-located at the University of Hertfordshire.
What research can we support?
- Your project qualifies as Research and Development Project under the European Commission Research and Development and Innovation Framework
- Projects must include research to acquire new, underlying knowledge that would support the development of a new product or service
- The project work must be suitable for write-up as an academic report
Why work with Herts
If you are interested, please complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch. Places are unfortunately limited and so the process will be selective.
Expressions of interest close on 30 April 2021.