Watford Young Entrepreneurs
Calling all 18 to 30 year olds based in Watford!
Are you running a small business, have a side hustle to pursue your passion, or are just buzzing with a big idea you would love to bring to life?
We have the perfect opportunity to take you to the next level. With a chance to receive up to £2k funding to accelerate your business venture and a wide range of support to turn your dreams into reality, The Watford Young Entrepreneurs Programme is the helping hand you need.
The best thing about it? It is completely free to join.
Start. Build. Grow.
About the programme
The Watford Young Entrepreneurs Programme (WYEP) is an exciting new programme funded by Watford Borough Council and delivered by the University of Hertfordshire. The programme is designed to provide free expert tailored advice, support, and grant funding to young entrepreneurs and those interested in becoming entrepreneurs in Watford.
Programme structure, dates, and location
Phase 1: Bootcamp (Nov 2021) - hear from successful young entrepreneurs and access a dynamic programme of workshops and guest speakers including entrepreneurship, sustainability and creative industry experts.
Phase 2: One to one support (Dec 2021- Mar 2022) - If you are successfully selected for the second part of the programme, you’ll benefit from access to an expert business mentor, further opportunities to grow your skillset through workshops and the opportunity to apply for up to £2,000 of grant funding
Launch: The first session is scheduled for the 17th of November, 2021.
Location: The Enterprise Hub, University of Hertfordshire, and online.
Here are some of the reasons why you should apply to WYEP:
- Green: the programme offers a range of resources with a focus on sustainable business.
- Local Focus: WYEP has been specially designed to support young entrepreneurs in Watford.
- Expert Start-up Support: you will have access to Herts' start-up know-how, networks, and specialist entrepreneurial facilities.
- Flexible Format: the programme offers a flexible blended delivery format, with opportunities to meet face to face as well as content delivered online for ease of access, so you can fit it around other activities.
- Funding: you’ll have the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to get your entrepreneurial venture off to a great start.
Who is eligible to apply?
- All Watford based* entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs aged 18 – 30 years old**.
For full details or want to check if the scheme is for you please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
The deadline to apply by is Monday 15th November 2021.
* For aspiring entrepreneurs that have not yet set up a business, we will require their home address as proof of meeting the eligibility criteria. For existing companies, we will require that either the young owner/entrepreneur’s home address is based in Watford or that their registered business address is in one of the qualifying Watford postcodes.
**Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and no more than 30 years of age by the 1st of October 2021.
-If the start-up applying has more than one owner, at least one of the applicants needs to meet the criteria set above.