Work, study and earn on a degree apprenticeship
Join us as a degree apprentice and gain valuable on the job experience whilst studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification.
What is a degree apprenticeship?
Degree apprenticeships are employer-funded programmes that combine work and study as a means of achieving a higher education qualification at level 6 (BA or BSc) or level 7 (MA, MSc, or MBA) and gaining access to your chosen profession.
A degree apprenticeship involves undertaking a real job role with an employer - so your time is split between your employer’s workplace and the University campus. Plus, degree apprentices earn a salary and have the university tuition fees paid for by their employer.
- Qualifications: University of Hertfordshire awarded Honours degree and an apprentice certificate, plus the opportunity for professional qualifications.
- Duration: Between 3 to 6 years.
- Entry criteria: Varies by programme and employer. Apprentices are expected to have GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade C or above, or equivalent level 2 qualifications.
- Study mode: Flexible teaching and learning approaches, including face-to-face learning on campus, online study, work-based projects, and independent study (totaling a minimum of 20% off the job training and learning).
- Assessment: Includes coursework, presentations, exams and practicals.
Degree apprenticeships offer a compelling work-based route into higher education and a professional career. They are the perfect choice if you want to:
- be employed and earn a wage while you learn.
- gain valuable on-the-job work experience, undertaking a real job as a full team member.
- achieve a full Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, without the tuition fee costs and debt.
- make vital, valuable connections with industry professionals in your chosen sector.
- pursue a reliable route into your chosen profession and industry.
Employers of all sizes offer a range of opportunities for apprentices, from small companies where apprentices can make a big difference, to multinationals with excellent opportunities for ongoing employment, promotion and even international travel.