Physical activity and sports play a leading role in today’s global society from coaching and helping athletes recover from injury to competing in international events. Our programmes cover areas from physiology, biomechanics and psychology to injury assessment and treatment, coaching and business management. Our industry-standard facilities, research and industry informed teaching and opportunities for work experience and placements ensure you get the most from your time with us and prepare you for your future career.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England for Sports Science (2023 Complete University Guide)
- top 25% for academic support and student voice in the 2022 National Student Survey (NSS) for sports and exercise sciences
- you will have the opportunity to undertake work experience opportunities enabling you to put your skills into practice and to help you to establish industry connections before graduation
- the University is home to innovative sport research ensuring you learn the latest thinking in the field
- you will learn in state-of-the-art facilities that include a sports injury clinic, human physiology laboratory, 3D motion analysis laboratory, performance testing centre and the Hertfordshire Sports Village.