Philosophy, politics and economics
From Brexit to the election of Trump and from the industrial structure of market economies to gender politics, we live in an ever-changing world. Our philosophy, politics and economics programmes will allow you to develop the skills to understand, analyse, and critically debate the issues and arguments that shape national and international politics, economies and societies.
Why choose this subject area?
- 14th for Economics in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2022)
- top 10% for overall satisfaction in the 2022 National Student Survey (NSS) for economics
- top 10% for learning opportunities in the 2022 National Student Survey (NSS) for philosophy and religious studies
- top 10% for teaching, learning opportunities, academic support, learning community and student voice in the 2022 National Student Survey (NSS) for politics
- you will be equipped with a set of subject specific and transferable skills needed to pursue a successful career, enhanced by opportunities to gain real-world experience through optional work placements or a study abroad year depending on your programme
- excellent teaching delivered by tutors that have an array of both academic and industry experience, accompanied by innovative assignments that allow you to get to grips with real-world issues.