Nursing and midwifery
Midwives and nurses lie at the heart of our health care system. As a midwife or nurse, you will help patients of all ages with a variety of different health conditions through utilising your compassionate and caring nature.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England for Nursing (2023 Complete University Guide)
- top 25% for academic support and assessment & feedback in the 2022 National Student Survey (NSS) for nursing and midwifery
- shortlisted for the Mary Seacole Award for outstanding contribution to diversity and inclusion, and The Best Student Experience Award (2021 Student Nursing Times Awards)
- you will gain hands-on experience in a supportive environment by using cutting-edge on-campus simulation facilities and during your clinical work placements
- we are nationally recognised for the expertise of our Nursing staff, including recognition from the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- designed in conjunction with service users, carers and practice partners, our programmes are built upon meaningful insights to provide you with an authentic learning experience
- our programmes lay the foundation for your continuing personal and professional development throughout your career, with opportunities when you graduate for post-qualification study at Masters and Doctoral level.
'The University pointed me towards Work the World after I expressed an interest in undertaking my nursing elective in a developing country. I really felt welcomed by the staff in Work the World, they made me feel as though I was part of the team from day one. It really reflected the culture and friendliness of Tanzanian people. In fact, every moment was fantastic. I thought I’d get homesick, but I didn’t at all. And now that I’m home, I am always dreaming of going back!'