Nursing and midwifery
Midwives and nurses lie at the heart of our health care system. As a midwife or nurse, you will help patients of all ages with a variety of different health conditions through utilising your compassionate and caring nature.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England for Nursing (2023 Complete University Guide)
- top 25% for academic support and assessment & feedback for nursing and midwifery (2022 National Student Survey)
- shortlisted for the Mary Seacole Award for outstanding contribution to diversity and inclusion, and The Best Student Experience Award (2021 Student Nursing Times Awards)
- nationally recognised for the expertise of our Nursing staff, including recognition from the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- gain hands-on experience in a supportive environment by using cutting-edge on-campus simulation facilities and during your clinical work placements
- designed in conjunction with service users, carers and practice partners, our programmes are built upon meaningful insights to provide you with an authentic learning experience
View our Undergraduate courses
|Course title||UCAS 2023 tariff||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Midwifery (Pre-registration)||B720|
|BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult)||B700|
|BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child)||B702|
|BSc (Hons) Nursing (Learning Disabilities)||B761|
|BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)||B701|
Sign up for alerts
Get access to personalised content, tailored towards your interests:
- Information on your favourite courses
- Tips to help you through the application process
- Blogs, vlogs and advice from current students
'The University pointed me towards Work the World after I expressed an interest in undertaking my nursing elective in a developing country. I really felt welcomed by the staff in Work the World, they made me feel as though I was part of the team from day one. It really reflected the culture and friendliness of Tanzanian people. In fact, every moment was fantastic. I thought I’d get homesick, but I didn’t at all. And now that I’m home, I am always dreaming of going back!'