Music, performance and production
Whether you wish to develop yourself as a composer, performer, producer, engineer or music professional, we offer a fantastic range of courses designed to ensure you will be equipped with up-to-date knowledge and relevant skills needed to not only succeed in the fast-evolving music industry, but also shape its future.
Music studies are delivered from a large, well-established and contemporary music department which offers a unique blend of exciting and relevant courses structured under the areas of Music Composition, Music Technologies and Music Management.
We pride ourselves on the fact that upon graduation you will be recognised by industry as being ready for work, resourceful, professional and highly creative.
Why choose this subject area?
- Join a large, modern and forward-thinking music department placing an emphasis on creativity and innovation
- Become part of a larger School of Creative Arts, ranked 13th in the world for Creative Media & Entertainment Schools and Colleges (Rookie Awards 2020)
- Access our exceptional facilities aligned to industry specifications to support your learning and hone your skills
- Gain excellent employment prospects from courses recognised and accredited by industry, including JAMES (Joint Audio Media Education Support), representing the Association of Professional Recording Services (APRS), UK Music and the Music Producers Guild (MPG)
- Have a great student experience delivered by friendly and talented staff (many also work in the sector) with regular guest speakers from industry.