Mechanical engineering is a technically rich discipline with a practical emphasis where you will design and construct various mechanical systems. Our courses will give you tangible business links that support early career development in a truly diverse industry. You will receive a comprehensive knowledge of the key disciplines within the mechanical engineering sector, including: mechanics, thermodynamics, design, manufacturing, and materials science.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England (after Cambridge) for Mechanical Engineering (2023 Complete University Guide)
- graduates have gone on to work for industry-leading companies such as McLaren, Deloitte, Global Invercom, EE, Sega Europe and Canon
- courses are designed to meet industry needs with accreditation from many professional bodies including Tech Partnership and the Institute of Engineering and Technology
- learn in our brand-new School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science building, opening in 2024. You’ll benefit from experiential learning zones, from large Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate (CDIO) spaces, workshops, laboratories and more flexible learning environments
View our Undergraduate courses
|Course title||UCAS 2023 tariff||UCAS code|
|Engineering with Foundation Year||H100|
|BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering||H300|
|MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering||H301|
Sign up for alerts
Get access to personalised content, tailored towards your interests:
- Information on your favourite courses
- Tips to help you through the application process
- Blogs, vlogs and advice from current students
I had the opportunity to use different techniques to analyse cases when solving engineering problems. The lecturers were always happy to make time for us all and give us key tips and tricks.