Law and criminology
Law impacts all of our lives, from domestic issues to social injustices, it has a direct influence on our global decision making and shapes the world around us. Studying law or criminology requires students to possess a varied set of skills, which you will build upon as you engage in debate, think analytically and confront challenging perspectives.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England for Social Policy (2023 Complete University Guide)
- you will benefit from our purpose built Law Court Building which includes a mock court room
- we have strong links with industry, including leading law firms, barristers' chambers, international mediators, PCCs, Magistrate and Crown Courts, prisons and voluntary sectors
- take part in a wide range of co-curricular courses in areas including mooting, trial advocacy, mediation, debating and restorative justice
- undertake pro bono activities providing legal advice to members of the public, with guidance from qualified solicitors in our Hertfordshire Law Clinic (awarded Best Contribution by a Team of Students in the 2022 Law Works Student Pro Bono Awards and Best Contribution by a Pro Bono Clinic in the 2022 Law Works Pro Bono Awards)
- September and January start dates available