Law and criminology
Law impacts all of our lives, from domestic issues to social injustices, it has a direct influence on our global decision making and shapes the world around us. Studying law or criminology requires students to possess a varied set of skills, which you will build upon as you engage in debate, think analytically and confront challenging perspectives.
Why choose this subject area?
- you will benefit from our purpose built Law Court Building which includes a mock court room
- we have strong links with industry, including leading law firms, barristers' chambers, international mediators, PCCs, Magistrate and Crown Courts, prisons and voluntary sectors
- take part in a wide range of co-curricular courses in areas including mooting, trial advocacy, mediation, debating and restorative justice
- undertake pro bono activities providing legal advice to members of the public, with guidance from qualified solicitors in our award-winning Hertfordshire Law Clinic
- flexible start dates available for January and September entry.
Find your dream course
We have a range of exciting degrees available.