English language, linguistics and foreign languages
Language is at the heart of communication and forms the fundamentals of all types of culture, trade, business and behaviours. Crossing borders and spanning generations, learning to use language effectively will position graduates to face business challenges on a local and global scale.
Why choose this subject area?
- no. 13 in the UK for English (2023 Guardian League Table)
- a fresh take on traditional writing and the opportunity to study contemporary works that speak directly to our everyday lives
- an expert academic team to support you and build your confidence as you develop into a literary scholar
- a flexible programme of study, allowing you to concentrate on areas you find especially interesting
- teaching rated excellent by 92.14% of our students in the 2018 National Student Survey
- CV-building potential through work placements and extra-curricular activities.