Electrical and electronic engineering
Electrical and electronic engineering can open doors to a variety of exciting careers. Our courses give you access to industry-standard facilities, bolstered by expert teaching spanning a diverse range of modules - developing work-ready technical skills that boost your employability. The wide scope of modules across our programmes allow you to keep your expertise broad if you wish, with the option to specialise later.
Why choose this subject area?
- ranked 10th nationally for Engineering: Electronic and Electrical (The Guardian)
- students previously completed work placement years at companies such as Airbus Space and Defence, Bosch Thermotechnology, and Microsoft
- learn in our brand-new School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science building, opening in 2024. You’ll benefit from experiential learning zones, from large Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate (CDIO) spaces, workshops, laboratories and more flexible learning environments
View our Undergraduate courses
|Course title||UCAS 2023 tariff||UCAS code|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||H600|
|Engineering with Foundation Year||H100|
|BEng (Hons) Robotics and Artificial Intelligence||H671|
|MEng (Hons) Robotics and Artificial Intelligence||H672|
Sign up for alerts
Get access to personalised content, tailored towards your interests:
- Information on your favourite courses
- Tips to help you through the application process
- Blogs, vlogs and advice from current students
'The best thing about my course is my lecturers. They were very passionate and supportive lecturers who ensured we understood what we were learning and how to put the knowledge we gained into practice.'