Computer science, artificial intelligence and robotics
Experience teaching at the forefront of technology and design the future innovations which will become an essential part of modern life. From smartphone apps to global software systems and programmes, computer science is a diverse industry which is constantly expanding with a persistent need to stay ahead of the competition.
Why choose this subject area?
- take advantage of strong industry links with local and national businesses. Our graduates have gone on to work at organisations including Sega Europe, Canon UK and EE
- a highly flexible range of courses with opportunities to specialise in artificial intelligence, software engineering or networks
- learn in our brand-new School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science building, opening in 2024. You’ll benefit from experiential learning zones, from large Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate (CDIO) spaces, workshops, laboratories and more flexible learning environments
- you will join on of the largest and most established Computer Science community in the country, with a lively and supportive academic, research and student population
- Computer Science saw 90% of its research ranked as world-leading. (Research Excellence Framework, 2021).