Civil engineers provide critical infrastructure, overseeing major industrial projects that shape the world around us - from the world’s tallest buildings to the most spectacular bridges. To be a civil engineer takes great vision, technical proficiency and confidence in leadership. Across our courses you will learn to apply the principles of structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulics and hydrology, environmental engineering, materials, surveying and construction.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England (after Cambridge) for Civil Engineering (2023 Complete University Guide)
- great business links - Engineering students have previously completed work placement years at companies including: BMW (UK) Manufacturing Ltd, Bosch Thermotechnology, and Microsoft
- excellent employability - up to 94.7% of our students are in work or further study six months after graduating, well above sector average (DLHE 2016/17)
- our partnership with the world-renowned BRE gives you access to specialist facilities, creating an exceptional academic experience
- we have excellent engineering facilities equipped with the latest industry-standard technology.