Music, performance and production
Whether you wish to develop yourself as a composer, performer, producer, engineer or music professional, we offer a fantastic range of courses designed to ensure you will be equipped with up-to-date knowledge and relevant skills needed to not only succeed in the fast-evolving music industry, but also shape its future.
Music studies are delivered from a large, well-established and contemporary music department which offers a unique blend of exciting and relevant courses structured under the areas of Music Composition, Music Technologies and Music Management.
We pride ourselves on the fact that upon graduation you will be recognised by industry as being ready for work, resourceful, professional and highly creative.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England (after Cambridge) for Music (2023 Complete University Guide)
- join a large, modern and forward-thinking music department placing an emphasis on creativity and innovation
- become part of a larger School of Creative Arts, ranked 13th in the world for Creative Media & Entertainment Schools and Colleges (Rookie Awards 2020)
- exceptional facilities aligned to industry specifications to support your learning and hone your skills
- excellent employment prospects from courses recognised and accredited by industry, including JAMES (Joint Audio Media Education Support), representing the Association of Professional Recording Services (APRS), UK Music and the Music Producers Guild (MPG)
- have a great student experience delivered by friendly and talented staff (many also work in the sector) with regular guest speakers from industry
View our Undergraduate courses
|Course title||UCAS 2023 tariff||UCAS code|
|BSc (Hons) Audio Recording and Production||W374|
|BSc (Hons) Live Sound and Lighting Technology||W376|
|BSc (Hons) Music Composition and Technology for Film and Games||W392|
|BSc (Hons) Music Production||W375|
|BSc (Hons) Music and Sound Design Technology||W352|
|BA (Hons) Performing Arts (top up)||W204|
|BSc (Hons) Songwriting and Music Production||W3T4|
Sign up for Clearing support package
Exclusive content to help you through Clearing
- Tips and info sent straight to your inbox
- Clearing advice livestream
- Subject campus tour
- 1-on-1 call with advisor
- Downloadable university starter kit
- Opportunity to have your first year society membership fee paid upon enrolment
'My undergraduate degree in Music Technology introduced me to sound design for moving image, something I hadn't thought about when applying for the course, I had initially been focused on music. There was something about putting sound to visuals that excited me and I've been doing it ever since.'