Optimising Growth of Strawberries Under Protection:
About the courseBack to course listing
Why choose this course?
The University of Hertfordshire is a leader in the UK applied research on strawberry powdery mildew disease and is recognised for basic research on the associated disease agent, Podosphaera aphanis. Levy-funded research at UH in projects HDC SF62 and 62a informed and led to the publication of Factsheet 29/16 ‘Control of strawberry powdery mildew under protection’. Agri-tech Service, established in 1992, specialises in providing high-tech precision farming services and solutions to agriculture and horticulture.
This one-day workshop aims to highlight key new practical findings from the collaboration between the University of Hertfordshire and Agri-tech Services. Book now for the one-day workshop in England on Tuesday 22nd October 2019 or in Scotland on Thursday 24th October 2019. These workshops allow learning about
- Management of the control of strawberry powdery mildew
- Benefits of the use of a silicon nutrient as a plant biostimulant
- Tools to optimise irrigation for soft fruit production
- New app for in-field data recording for substrate fruit production
- A real-time web-based prediction system (interactive workshop) to control strawberry powdery mildew
- A grower’s experience of using the real-time web-based prediction system