Control of Strawberry Powdery Mildew under protection
About the courseBack to course listing
Sponsored by the Felix Thornley Cobbold Agricultural Trust this one day workshop aims to expand on the research that was used to produce the updated Factsheet. The workshop will have:
- an overview of the integrated control of strawberry powdery mildew,
- a session on the use of silicon nutrient to reduce disease susceptibility,
- one on optimising irrigation for strawberries and
- a hands on session on a real time web based prediction system the use of which results in satisfactory disease control with the use of fewer fungicide sprays.
The day will also have opportunities for questions and discussion between researchers, and growers. Dr Avice Hall is a plant pathologist who has been working on strawberry powdery mildew since 2003/4.She is currently supervising the 5th PhD on strawberry powdery mildew, and she has numerous publications on strawberry powdery mildew. She has given papers on strawberry powdery mildew at the ISHS Strawberry Symposia in both Beijing and Quebec and has been invited to speak at the annual conference for the strawberry growers of British Columbia , Canada. Additionally she has lectured in Plant Pathology for over 40 years, and in 2017 was made an Honorary member of the British Society of Plant Pathology.
The course will be delivered on the following days and venues:
- Tuesday 16 January 2018, University of Hertfordshire, Bayfordbury Campus, SG13 8LD
- Wednesday 21 March 2018, The James Hutton Institute, Dundee, DD2 5DA
Why choose this course?
One day workshop for strawberry growers. The University of Hertfordshire leads UK applied research on strawberry powdery mildew disease and is recognised internationally for basic research on the associated disease agent, Podosphaera aphanis.
|Start Date||End Date||Day and Time||Cost||Link|
|21/03/2018||21/03/2018||Wed 10 - 4||£20||Apply online|
£20 to cover the cost of catering