CMI L5 Certificate in Management Coaching & Mentoring
About the course
The qualification route:
- Includes teaching workshops on the Management Coaching course plus extra skills sessions and individual tutorials
- Builds on and develops management coaching and mentoring knowledge and skills
- Is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Those opting to take this qualification complete a portfolio assessment against the CMI L5 certificate in Management Coaching & Mentoring assessment criteria, specifically, units 5014, 5015 and 5017.
- 5014 Introduction to Coaching and Mentoring
This is an introductory unit designed to give learners an opportunity to explore the purpose and benefits of coaching and mentoring in organisations, its role in performance management and team learning. This unit also gives learners an opportunity to analyse the role of a manager as a coach and mentor.
- 5015 Management of Coaching and Mentoring
This unit is about understanding the process of implementing coaching and mentoring within the organisation and the benefits this may bring to the organisation. Learners will consider the impact of coaching and mentoring programmes on an organisation and how to manage the implementation of coaching and mentoring, including monitoring and evaluating the operation of coaching and mentoring within an organisation.
- 5017 Coaching Practice and Theory
In this unit learners are asked to consider factors which need to be considered when selecting coaching tools and techniques to meet the needs of groups and individuals, to evaluate the role of reflection and self-awareness, questioning and active listening to achieve behavioural change and organisational objectives. As part of this unit learners will also investigate approaches to relationship building and individual engagement.
The qualification requires submission of three assignments - see more
Full details of these assignments plus hand-in schedule will be provided at the start of the course.
The qualification route also includes one year's affiliate membership of CMI.
This qualification runs as part of the Management Coaching course. CMI certification is offered as an option with this course.
- Please see the Management Coaching course page for full details and next teaching dates, or contact us by email.
Please see Management Coaching for full details.
£1,800 (vat exempt); includes one year's affiliate CMI membership.