Agriculture and Environment
About the course
This short course will be run by staff from the University's Agriculture and Environment Research Unit (AERU), who have been at the cutting edge of agricultural best practice and knowledge transfer in the sector for over a decade. Subjects tackled include:
- Agri-environmental policy and legislation
- Activities contributing to climate change and their evaluation
- The fate, transport, impacts and ecotoxicology of agricultural pesticides;
- Nutrient cycling and environmental pollution including the use of organic manures and organic amendments;
- Use of agri-environmental indicators, benchmarking and other approaches to manage environmental quality
- Management and monitoring of on-farm habitats and biodiversity.
Why choose this course
The Agriculture and Environment short course will introduce the causes and consequences of the main environmental impacts arising from agricultural systems and related activities with emphasis on the underpinning the environmental science. Their relevance in a broader global context will be considered. The techniques commonly used to evaluate the environmental implications of agricultural pollutants will be explored along with their advantages, disadvantages and limitations.
This course is suitable for?
Those wishing to specialise in agri-environmental best practice in an advisory capacity Policy makers and regulators seeking a deeper understanding of the scope for maximising the environmental performance of the agricultural industry in light of conflicting demands Those seeking greater knowledge of the practical issues facing those involved in rural land management who wish to improve the environmental performance of the sector.
What’s next for my career?
This short course will be run by staff from the University's Agriculture and Environment Research Unit (AERU), who have been at the cutting edge of agricultural best practice and knowledge transfer in the sector for over a decade.
|Start Date||End Date||Day and Time||Cost||Link|
|06/02/2020||08/02/2020||Thur to Sat 9-5||£250||Apply online|
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.