Acupuncture and Dry Needling Foundation Course
About the course
On this acupuncture foundation course, you will receive a fully evidence-based approach to the implementation of acupuncture. The knowledge and skills gained from this course will enable you to make fully informed decisions on how and when to introduce acupuncture into a client’s care package.
You’ll discover a large body of prominent, pertinent and up-to-date evidence supporting the use of acupuncture, whilst also being able to develop your needling skills. The combination of both being essential for you to provide your clients with dramatic results, offering them a comprehensive package of pain relief and wellbeing.
This acupuncture foundation course comes with comprehensive study materials provided within the online and face-to-face components of the course.
On completion of this acupuncture foundation course, you will be able to...
- effectively and safely implement acupuncture and dry needling techniques throughout the body, specifically upon the four limbs (trunk and spine, head and face)
- create targeted acupuncture and needling protocols for the benefit of pain and wellbeing
- synthesise theoretical knowledge with clinical experience to confidently execute decisions
- adopt a pragmatic approach to clinical reasoning for needling interventions
- suitably identify prominent and commonly used acupoints
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of contraindications, precautions and potential side effects of acupuncture and dry needling
- understand and apply effective management of needling side effects.
Course dates and times
This course runs from 09:00 - 17:00 on the following dates:
- Saturday 09 April to Monday 11 April 2022.
This course is only available to Herts students, specifically those on the BSc Sports Therapy and BSc Physiotherapy programmes. Students studying on additional health-related degrees at the University of Hertfordshire will be considered. This course is not open to individuals external to the university.
If you wish to discuss this acupuncture foundation course, please contact the course leader Dr Charlotte Gautrey.
For queries related to short courses, please get in touch with the Short Course team on 01707 285327.
|Start Date||End Date||Day and Time||Cost||Link|
|20/05/2022||22/05/2022||Friday 20th May to Sunday 22th May 2022||£625.00||Apply online|