MSc Electronics Engineering
Why choose Herts?
- Employment Prospects: Our graduates work as Electronics Engineers and Systems Engineers for organisations including MBDA, Centrica, ABB, and Leonardo.
- Industry-Focused Content: You will explore innovative technologies including 5G and IoT and develop industry-required skills to use Microprocessor, DSP and FPGA technology.
- Industry Connections: Benefit from our strong electrical engineering employer links with organisations including Imagination Technologies, Samsung, and BAE who support our students with careers fairs and guest lectures.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details.
About the course
This course develops students’ in-depth knowledge and skills of a broad range of Electronics Engineering. It builds strong design skills for the seamless integration of software and hardware for sustainable and smart applications using Microprocessor/DSP/FPGA technology.
Students will cover a selection of subjects such as Smart Embedded Systems Engineering and Mixed mode and VLSI Technologies alongside cohort taught subjects to develop their management skills and their employability.
The successful postgraduates of the course will acquire the knowledge and understanding, intellectual, practical and transferable skills necessary for the analysis and synthesis of problems in engineering and manufacturing through a combination of experimental, simulation, research methods and case studies. They can expect to gain work in a range of disciplines within a variety of industries from specialist technical roles to positions of management responsibility.
Why choose this course?
- Students who undertake this course will gain broad knowledge and understanding of the recent advancements in Electronics Engineering.
- Students who wants to develop their knowledge and understanding in embedded intelligent systems with coverage of artificial intelligence, sustainability and smart system engineering.
- Supported by the School which has over 25 years' experience of teaching electronic engineering and has established an excellent international reputation in this field.
- We offer extensive lab facilities for engineering students, including the latest software packages.
What will I study?
Our enthusiastic staff is always looking for new ways to enhance your learning experience and over recent years, we have won national awards for our innovative teaching ideas. In addition, our staff are active in research and useful elements of it are reflected on the learning experience.
The Department of Engineering and Computer Science has a reputation for innovation in teaching and learning, where nearly all MSc modules are delivered through a combination of traditional face-to-face teaching and backup tutorial's using the University's StudyNet web based facility. StudyNet allows students to access electronic teaching and learning resources, and conduct electronic discussions with staff and other students.
A heavy emphasis is placed on theory and practice, and the School has a policy of using industrial standard software wherever possible.
|Advanced Reconfigurable Systems and Applications||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Mixed Mode and VLSI Technologies||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Embedded Control Systems||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Digital Mobile Communication Systems||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Sustainable Business of Engineering||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|MSc Individual Project (E)||60 Credits||Compulsory|
|Smart Embedded Systems Engineering||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Digital Signal Processing and Applications||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Artificial Intelligence||15 Credits||Compulsory|
Further course information
|Course fact sheets|
|MSc Electronics Engineering||Download|
|MSc Modular Masters in Electronics||Download|
Sandwich placement or study abroad year
Applications open to international and EU students
At the University of Hertfordshire, we want to make sure your time studying with us is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. We offer a range of support services including; student wellbeing, academic support, accommodation and childcare to ensure that you make the most of your time at Herts and can focus on studying and having fun.
You can also read our student blogs to find out about life at Herts.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.